Friday, June 17, 2011

Need A New Ab Workout Routine?

Photo courtesy of SimplyShredded.com

If you're looking for a new ab routine to switch things up because yours has become boring, check this one out! 

I aim to perform my ab routine every other day that I workout. Some people think training abs every day is effective, but like any other muscle, abs need time to rest, too. Here's a routine I've performed several times and I have found to be successful for me. 
  • 4 sets of heavy weighted machine crunches - until failure
  • 4 sets of reverse crunches on the floor holding a 12lb. medicine ball between knees - until failure
  • 3 sets of hanging leg raises - until failure
  • 3 sets of standing cable oblique twist - 15 reps each side
  • 2 sets of standing barbell oblique twist - 15 reps on each side
Photo courtesy of SimplyShredded.com






1 comment:

  1. Your article has piqued a lot of positive interest. I can see why since you have done such a good job of making it interesting.
    leg workout

    ReplyDelete