Friday, June 24, 2011

Sexy Legs & Glutes: How To Get Them



We all have our "problem" areas (although I hate referring to it that way) and mine are my legs and glutes. They aren't really "problem" areas, but that's the area I really want to build up. I like nice, shapely glutes and legs and I want them... and I WILL HAVE THEM! With the right diet, training, and cardio I'm definitely on my way. 

I've decided to start training my legs twice a week - once heavy on Mondays or Tuesdays and the other time light on either Thursdays or Fridays. This week I trained them Tuesday and tonight, Friday. I liked what I did tonight because, again, I was switching it up. I try never to do the same routine twice. If I do, I won't do it for a very long time. I love to always keep my body guessing and I absolutely love being sore. In my opinion, I always feel like I've really had a great workout if I'm left feeling sore. That's not the same for everyone, though. 

For legs today, I did the following: 

Leg Press (feet together and high up on the platform): 3 sets of 12 reps with 5 partial reps on the last set. Partial reps are when you just burn out the muscles and instead of completing the full range of motion, you do part of it. 

Smith Machine Lunge (front foot very far forward): 3 sets of 12 reps each leg with 5 partial reps on the last set. 

Cable Kickbacks (squeezed at the top of each one): 3 sets of 15 reps each leg with 5 partials on the last set. These are a personal favorite. 

Fire Hydrant superset with leg kickback (performed on all fours and really squeezed each rep): 3 sets of 15 each leg

Seated Calf Raises superset with Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of 20

Of course I completed another HIIT cardio session similar to the one I did last night. I burned even more calories, too! I left the gym dripping with sweat! Ahhh feels so good! 

Here's my inspiration and motivation to get the legs and glutes I want, IFBB Bikini Pro Amanda Latona who has graced the cover of several fitness magazines. She's 32 years old! I think she looks fantastic. 
IFBB Bikini Pro Amanda Latona

And I love this quote she said: 


SHARE WITH ME!! What does your leg day look like in the gym??

No comments:

Post a Comment