Friday, July 29, 2011

Bis, Tris, and Abs - Oh My!

I wanted to share with you what I did to train my triceps last night at the gym, but I never got around to submitting another post on my blog. I showed up at Obie’s after work to train biceps, triceps, abs, and perform HIIT cardio on the Arc Trainer (this time a hill interval). Both my bis and tris are pretty damn sore today (tomorrow will be even worse!), which I LOVE! No pain, no gain!

For biceps, I did a total of 4 exercises for 4 sets each and anywhere from 8 to 12 reps. I started with EZ-bar Curls, followed by Seated Dumbbell CurlsPreacher Curls, and Cable Curls.

Moving on to triceps… I performed my first-ever giant set, which I LOVED! I will definitely do something like this again. I placed a rope attachment on one side of the cable machine and a cambered bar on the other. I started with the following:

20 rope pushdowns (pull apart at the bottom)
20 rope pushdowns (hands together)
20 overhead rope extensions
20 cambered bar pushdowns (hands close together)
20 cambered bar pushdowns (reverse grip and hands further apart)

I repeated this 3 times. My triceps were burning! Of course, I used lighter weight than I normally would because I was going for higher reps and I wasn’t resting between exercises.

After, I performed only one set of 50 reps of Overhead Extensions. Then I did 3 sets of 30 (drop set 10 each – so performed 10 reps with the heaviest weight, then dropped the weight and performed 10 more reps, and dropped the weight once more and did a final 10) V-Bar Pushdowns. I finished tris with 3 sets of 12 reps of Dips.

I did all my ab exercises to failure.

If you’re looking to burn out your triceps, then I definitely suggest trying this workout! Happy lifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment