Monday, July 11, 2011

Sometimes A Break Is What Your Body Needs

Alvin's Gym in Savannah, GA
It's been a while since I've last posted because I took a much-needed, well-deserved vacation! I took a break from work, from Maine, from my blog, from my clean-eating diet... BUT not from training. Whatever I do, working out will always be part of my life. It IS my lifestyle. Personally, a break is something I believe we each need!

I traveled south to Savannah, GA to visit my awesome boyfriend - and I had a BLAST! I'm sad to be back in Maine and away from him, but I am glad to get back to my clean-eating diet!! To say I didn't gain weight (which is most likely a bunch of water weight) would be a lie. I let myself indulge because I knew once I returned that I was going to be 100 percent focused on my diet and start my cutting phase. I've gained the muscle mass I've been wanting to gain and now I'm ready to start leaning out - losing body fat and maintain the muscle I've gained will not be easy; I will have to do it very slowly. I'm hoping in 6 to 8 weeks I'll be where I want to be. Scratch that, in 6 to 8 weeks I WILL be where I want to be and where I see myself!!

I got to Savannah on a Friday and we hit the gym hard that Saturday. Sunday and Monday we celebrated Independence Day (the right way - lots of delicious food & drinks!). The remainder of the week we went to the gym and trained hard. I only did HIIT cardio once. I didn't watch what I was eating at all. I'm not going to lie! I also felt like complete shit. It felt good to return to healthy eating today; I immediately felt better! And so the cutting phase begins!

I am increasing my cardio (perform HIIT 3-4 times a week and regular cardio 2 times a week) and I am still training the same way I have been - 3 to 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps for each exercise I perform. I am very mindful of everything that goes into my body, too. I am strict with eating 6-7 small meals a day every 2-3 hours. Protein is in every meal and I refrain from eating carbs after 3pm. The only thing I'll allow myself to have as far as carbs go past 3pm is a small salad.

Needless to say, a break is what I needed from my every day routine. I let myself recharge my body and get prepared for what will be a pretty intense and challenging next step - and I am SO ready for this! Plus it feels good to get back to blogging again!

If you have any questions about anything, please don't hesitate to ask!!! I appreciate your support with reading my blog. You guys ROCK!

Happy 4th of July!

So much fun shooting!!!

Enjoying a night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment